There is a job opening for the Ursuline Sisters. See below.
Director of Development and Communications – Ursuline Sisters
The Director leads the Development and Communications Department and works closely with the Provincial Leadership in the management of all aspects of it. The Director must think strategically and practically to implement a comprehensive and results-oriented development and communications plan that includes traditional and innovative strategies. Key components of this plan should include goals, strategies, and timetables for annual fundraising, major gifts, campaign gifts, events, planned giving, communication strategies and should include a complementary focus on prospecting and tactics to build key relationships as well as branding the Ursuline mission. This position reports to the Provincial.
• Develop and implements a short and long-term development and communications plan to meet established goals and objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, strategic initiatives for securing major gifts, annual events and appeals, corporate and foundation grants, defining stewardship and prospecting tactics, cultivation events, and developing new approaches to grow the Ursuline’s donor base.
• Provide daily management of advancement assistant.
• Establish annual goals to support overall goals established in the development and communications plan.
• Works collaboratively and creatively with all departments to appropriately position development and communications opportunities.
• Integrate messages in publications, grant submissions, reports, and collateral materials for cultivating and stewarding donors.
• Clearly articulate and promote a strong case of support that builds opportunities to enhance the mission of the Ursuline Sisters.
• Oversees management of gift processing and donor acknowledgement, the donor database, and financial reporting. Manages accompanying information systems.
• Responsible for all communication activities including social media messaging, public relations, and media relations. Help shape the public messages and identity for the Ursuline Sisters and develop new approaches for positioning effectively to build broad-based support. Create copy, edit, proofread and revise as necessary.
• Manages website content in collaboration with the webmaster including updates, posts, content creation and analysis of its usage.
• Manages prospect research and cultivation initiatives with a special emphasis on pursuing strategies to secure or increase giving from donors.
• Meet regularly with the Provincial Leadership Team regarding program goals and initiatives.
• Oversee publication of the Annual Report
• Serve as team facilitator for the committee that publishes the bi-annual “Bylines” newsletter.
• Demonstrate committed, professional leadership, articulate passion for the Ursuline’s mission, and exemplifies a collaborative, decisive, motivating and engaging communication style.
• Proven track record of fundraising success, particularly by securing major gifts, successfully managing campaigns, and engaging a community of motivated supporters.
• Minimum of 3+ years of increasing responsibility in non-profit fundraising.
• Excellent managerial skills including at least 2 years of previous experience successfully managing development staff.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment.
• Working knowledge of best practices and trends in communications and development, including fundraising tools and technology, e-mail and online fundraising and media campaigns, and donor research.
• Discretion, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence required.
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
• Deep appreciation and understanding of the mission of the Ursuline Sisters and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through September 15, 2019.